With custom fields, an admin can add up to three fields to each client, project, task, team, user or expense.
For example, each client has three fields: name, code and description. Say that you want to store the region for each client, add it as a custom field and you can extract it in the reports.
Custom fields are visible when managing a client, project, team or user. Custom fields also can be selected as an additional column in each report.
Adding a customized field
As an example, we are going to add "Region" as a customized
- As an Admin, click on the gear icon and select "Configure custom fields".
- Find the field "Custom field 1" under clients and type "Region"
- If you need any additional fields, click "add custom field"
- Scroll all the way down and click Save to store the custom field.
Each client now has a region field. To verify:
- Go to Manage, Clients and select any client
- Click Settings.
- In the "Miscellaneous" section the new "Region" field is available.
Adding custom fields to reports
Do the following to add a custom field to your report,
- Go to Report
- Click customize.
- In the "Columns Report" dropdown, type Region or scroll to the Client category to add it to your report.
That's all there is to it! Repeat the steps to add any custom fields to a client, project, task, team, or expense.