Assign Users and Teams
To allow a user to track hours on a project or task, you first need to assign the user to a project or task. You can either assign a single user, multiple users or whole teams at once.
Assigning multiple users and teams to a project at once
- Go to Manage Projects by clicking on Manage at the top of the page.
- Look up the project in the list or search for it.
- When there are no users assigned, click the Assign to Project button.
On the next page you can assign a single user or multiple users and teams all at once to a project or project task.
- Select the users and teams you want to assign.
- Select a start and end date. Between these dates the assignment is active and the user can track hours on the project or task.
- When you added tasks to the project, select the task(s) to which you want to assign users and teams.
- Optionally enter a role the user has on the project.
- Add an hourly rate for turnover calculation.
When no hourly rate is provided but the user has an hourly rate set at the user level (a default hourly rate, go to Manage Users) the user level hourly rate is used.
- Limit the amount of hours each user can track on this project by setting a budget.
The optional budget in hours limits the amount of hours each user can track on this project. When you select multiple users in step one, a budget is created for each assignment.
When a project itself has a budget, this budget limits all individual budgets to total not greater than the project budget amount.
- Click the "Assign" button to assign and save the selected users to the project.
Now that projects are created and users invited and assigned to those projects, it's time to track time!
When enough timesheets are filled it's time to review and approve.