As an Admin or Manager you can create new Users.
Users that are active add up to your subscription fee. Archived Users are free of charge.
Create a user
Click on Manage tab and then and click Users. To add User, use the add user button or the red plus sign in the lower left of the page.
- Enter the User's first and last name and email in the popup. Users log in with their email address, and the email address must be unique.
- Set a team this User is part of. You can select multiple teams when needed.
- Select the role or roles this User has. With a role you define what the User can do in eHour:
- Time Tracker users can track time on projects.
- Report on all Hours users can create reports on all hours of all users, tracked on all projects.
- Report on all Expenses users can create reports on all expenses filed by users when expenses are enabled.
- Manager users can manage clients, projects, teams and users, and they can assign users to projects. A Manager user also can log in as a different user.
- Admin users can do the same as an admin and change eHour's global configuration, add or remove custom fields, manage expense cost categories, update the API key and change billing information.
Additionally you can set:
- When timesheet approval is enabled you can set the Line manager of this user. The line manager can approve or decline the User's time sheets. Click on the arrow to see a list, and choose a Line manager for the User.
- Set an hourly rate for the User. This hourly rate is used for calculating turnover for billable projects. The hourly rate can be overridden when assigning a User to a project.
- You can enter the contract hours or number of hours the User works per week. Contract hours are used for determining when automatic an automatic reminder is sent.
- You can elect to send the User reminder mail for missing hours by clicking in the box next to Send reminder mail.
- Any custom fields when you defined them
When creating a new User, an invitation mail is sent to the User. The User can use the link in the invitation mail to set his own password, or you can set the password when creating a new User by using the "Click here to set the password now" link.
Click Save user to save this User. That's it, you created a User!
Keywords: admin manager create new user manage user employee people