Assign a Role to a User and define what s/he can do in eHour. An Admin or Manager can grant one or more of the following Roles to a User:
keywords: admin manage user role permission
- Time Tracker: the basic Role which allows a User to track time on projects and tasks and create expenses.
- Report on all Hours: users with this role can run reports on all hours of all users, all projects, etc. All tracked hours in eHour are available to users with this role.
- Report on all Expenses: users can run reports on all expenses filed by users - assuming that the expense feature is enabled
- Line Managers can run reports on all hours tracked by the users they manage. A Line Manager can also log in as one of the users they manage to - for example - correct a timesheet when the user is on vacation. When configured by an Admin, the Line Managers can approve or reject timesheets of their users.
- Project managers can create reports on all hours tracked on the project (s)he's project manager
of. When configured a project manager can approve hours tracked on their projects. A project manager can also add or remove other users from his projects.
- Team Managers are able to run reports on all hours tracked by their team members. When configured, a team manager can also approve or reject timesheets of the teammembers.
- Manager users can manage clients, projects, teams and users, and they can assign users to projects. A Manage also can log in as a different user.
- Admin users can do the same as a Manager but also change eHour's global configuration, change the approval workflow, add or remove custom fields,
manage expense cost categories, update the API key and change billing information.