Take note that users are automatically assigned to global projects, you do not need to this manually.
Assigning multiple users to a project at once1. Go to Manage Projects by clicking on Manage on the top of the page
2. Look up the project in the list or search for it
When there are no users assigned, click on the "Assign to Project" button.
On the next page you can assign multiple users and teams to a project or project task at once.
- Select the users and teams you want to assign.
- When there are tasks created for the project, you can optionally select the task you want the users/teams to assign.
- Select a start and end date, between these dates the assignment is active and the user can track hours on the project or task.
- Optionally enter a role the user has within the project, his (or her) hourly rate and a budget in hours.
The optional budget in hours limits the amount of hours each user can track on this project. When you select multiple users in step 1, a budget is created for each assignment. For example, when you created a budget of a 100 hours and selected 4 people to assign to the project, each person can track a 100 hours; in total 400 hours.
When a project itself has a budget, this budget limits all individual budgets. For example, the project budget is 500 hours but you assigned 6 people to the project each with a budget on the assignment level of a 100 hours. They cannot track 600 hours but 500 hours since the project budget wins.
Click the "assign button" to assign the selected users to the project.