You can assign a team to a project, assigning all team members of that team to the project.
- When you assign a team to a project, all the team's members can track hours on that project using the settings you choose in the team assignment. The start and end date, budget, role and hourly rate, for example.
- When a team member is removed from the team, he cannot track hours on that project anymore.
- When a new User joins the team, he can automatically track hours on any projects that the team is assigned to.
Assign teams to projects
Assigning a team to a project works the same way as assigning a User to a team. You can either:
- Click Manage, then Projects.
- Select the project.
- Click Assign to Project.
- Select a Team in the dropdown.
- Click Save assignment to save the assignment and automatically assign all team members to that assignment
You can also assign a Team to a Project from the team management page:
- Go to Manage, Team, and click "Assign to project."
- Select the project from the dropdown.
- Set any other settings accordingly, like role, date, budget, start/end dates, etc.
- Click "Save assignment" to save the assignment and automatically assign all team members to that assignment.