With custom fields, an admin is able to add up to three fields to each client, project, team, user or expense in
three easy steps.
For example, each client normally has three properties: name, code and description. In case you want to add a reference to the client, an admin creates a new custom field labeled "Reference" for a client. Now each client will have this field as an extra property.
Custom fields are visible when managing a client, project, team or user. Custom fields also can be selected as an additional column in each report.
To create and add a customized field to a user:
- Go to the Admin settings icon and click on Configure custom fields.
- Scroll and click on "Add custom fields to users."
- Enter a name of the custom field of up to 16 characters.
- Repeat to add additional custom fields.
- Scroll to click the Save button.
- Now you can enter a specific reference to each user.
Edit a user
- Go to Manage, Users and select the user.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll to the field and enter the user-specific information such as full time, part time or contract.
- Click Save user.
- Now you can add the field to reports.
Adding custom fields to reports
- Go to Reports.
- Click customize.
- Click on Columns in report dropdown.
- Scroll to add the new field.
- The new property will appear as a column in the report.
That's all there is to it! Repeat the steps to add custom fields to a client, project, team, or expense, respectively.