Import your eHour 1 data
eHour 2 is backward compatible with eHour 1. All the hours you tracked in the opensource version can be imported in the new version of eHour. What else will be imported:
- Customers (now called Clients in eHour 2)
- Departments (now called Teams)
- Assignments of Users to Projects
- Tracked hours with their comments
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- Weekly comments cannot be imported in the new eHour as that feature is no longer available.
- The audit log cannot be imported. There is a new audit log in eHour 2 but it is not compatible with the previous version.
- Users log in to the new eHour with their email address, therefore every user should have a unique email address.
- Importing will first remove all your data in your eHour 2 account.
How does it work?
The import is based on your eHour 1 XML backup file. Send your backup to email@example.com. We will import your data into your trial account as soon as possible.
Create a backup by logging into your eHour1 application as an admin and navigate to System -> Backup & Restore and click Backup.